AHNCC will no longer be using the Professional Testing Corporation as our testing vendor. We are currently in process to moving to a new testing organization. We are excited about the new organization and additional services that will be offered to our applicants at no additional cost.
If you have already applied to sit for the examination your application process will not have to be started over and you will be able to sit in the spring of 2020 for your examination. Also, with our new company there will be no application deadlines so do not worry about meeting any deadlines in order to sit for an examination. This is one of the benefits candidates will enjoy with the new testing vendor.
If you have any questions or are interested in sitting for one of our examinations in 2020 please contact Talysha Hickerson at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 785-267-0943. We look forward to working with you and helping you however we can.
Have a nice day and the best of the holiday seasons to you 🙂
Dr. Margaret Erickson, CEO, AHNCC
What is Certification?
Certification is the process that a non-governmental authority uses to grant recognition to an individual who has met specified qualifications and competencies in a defined area of practice. Based on predetermined standards of professional practice, a registered nurse validates her/his qualifications and specialized clinical knowledge for practice by seeking the credential conferred by such an authority.
Certification is a voluntary process and should not be confused with a legal professional license. The American Holistic Nurses Credentialing Corporation (AHNCC) is responsible for the Certification Processes of Nurses who base their practice in the precepts of Holistic Nursing.
Why Become Certified?
- Demonstrates a commitment to providing the best possible care for your clients
- Facilitates a shift in the global healthcare paradigm from one of illness and disease to health, wellness and well-being
- Shows that you hold yourself accountable to a higher standard
- Validates competence and expertise in the holistic nursing specialty
- Assures the public that competency standards and eligibility requirements have been met to earn a credential
- Receives institutional and collegial recognition
- Connects like-minded colleagues
- Supports career advancement
- Enhances credibility with consumers, employers, and other stakeholders
- Facilitates lifelong learning for personal and professional growth