|Examination Level||Eligibility Criteria|
|Holistic Nurse Board Certified (HN-BC)|
|Holistic Nurse Baccalaureate Board Certified (HNB-BC)|
|Advanced Holistic Nurse Board Certified (AHN-BC)|
|Advanced Practice Holistic Nurse Board Certified (APHN-BC)|
* International candidates who are not planning on working in the United States may submit an RN license from their country. An US license is required if the applicant plans to seek employment in the US.
** All international candidates with an RN license are eligible to sit for the HN-BC examination. Applicants wanting to sit for a higher level examination must submit documentation showing that their educational program is equivalent to the educational requirement of the examination level being sought. Questions regarding this process can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Preparation for the Exam
It is the responsibility of the individual to prepare for the exam. The two primary resources are the Core Practice Competencies of Holistic Nursing and the AHNA Scope and Standards of Holistic Nursing Practice. Examination items are developed to test the Core Practice Competencies of Holistic Nursing.
The basic competencies may be found as an appendix in the Core Essentials for Basic Holistic Nursing. The advanced competencies may be found as an appendix in the Core Essentials for Advanced Holistic Nursing. To obtain AHNA Scope and Standards of Holistic Nursing AHNA Scope and Standards of Holistic Nursing click here.
Expectations and Responsibilities
Only nurses certified by AHNCC may use the designated credentials. Nurses may NOT use the credential when the nurse has:
- Not completed the Certification or Recertification Process consistent with the level of competence;
- A restricted, inactive, or withdrawn license;
- Requested inactive status; or
- Certification has been withdrawn by AHNCC.