Lisette Shanhai, MSN, RN, AHN-BC became a registered nurse in 2004 and received her MSN with a concentration in Advanced Holistic Nursing from Florida Atlantic University in 2014. She earned her certification in Advanced Holistic Nursing in 2015. Her nursing experience includes medical mission nursing, travel nursing, nephrology, post-surgical, step-down and direct observation, home hospice, acute care behavioral health and nursing education. She currently works as a care coordinator for Orlando VA Medical Center and serves on a complimentary and integrative health cyberseminar accreditation planning board and the Lake Baldwin Whole Health planning committee. Ms. Shanhai has presented within the VA locally on topics such as nurse self-care, Reiki within hospitals and compassion fatigue. Ms. Shanhai serves as an adjunct clinical instructor at the University of Central Florida for the basic and accelerated BSN programs and as a mentor through the alumni program. She has completed a Therapeutic Touch mentorship and is now a Qualified Therapeutic Touch Practitioner through the Therapeutic Touch International Association and is a member of Sigma Theta Tau. She is also an active member and represents the Orlando VA in The American Holistic Nurses’ Association. Ms. Shanhai is a column contributor for the online nursing magazine Advance/Elite Healthcare, publishing the article entitled, “Making Self-Care A Nursing Priority”. Ms. Shanhai has also submitted a patient care vignette for the upcoming publication of The Holistic Nursing Handbook for Practice, which was accepted and will print Fall of 2020. She became a Certified Reiki Master in 2008 and is passionate about self-care and the power of transformation, energy healing and meditation. Ms. Shanhai has volunteered in Cambodia as well as with St. John’s Hospital Reiki program in Oxnard, CA. Most recently, Ms. Shanhai has embraced the opportunity to provide energy-based modalities to hospice patients through the VITAS volunteer program in Central Florida. In her free time, she enjoys spending time with family, friends and her dog, traveling, reading, cooking, attending festivals, concerts, meditation retreats and yoga. Ms. Shanhai has been able to apply holistic principles to all areas of nursing and leadership and looks forward to expanding her knowledge in the commitment of holistic practice.
- Margaret Erickson is the Newly-elected Co-Chair of the IHPC Board of Directors – IHPC Q&A with Margaret Erickson: Changing the healthcare paradigm – Let’s Put the Health Back in Healthcare
- Reflection on Racial Inequalities by Helen Erickson, PhD, MS(N), AHN-BC, FAAN – Texas Nurses Association
- Dr. Sharon Tucker, PhD, APRN-CNS, NC-BC, EBP-C, FNAP, FAAN presented online program “Take Time to Thrive”
- Lisette Shanhai, MSN, RN, AHN-BC – recognized by the VA for excellence in holistic nursing
- Maryellen Marciniak, MSN, RN, NBC-HWC, CDE, AHN-BC – recognized by the VA for excellence in holistic nursing